Life

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 at 6:50 AM
The clock on the wall finally ticking to 7 in the morning, in the less 1 hour, I will be leaving Cyberjaya for my midterm break which is already started 3 days ago.

My life had been real good so far, indeed I did lived it to the fullest for the past few weeks.
Recently I had been spending a lot of time hanging out with friends, going out for almost every night and that's crazy, Chelsea football tour, OC supper, Chicken Rick at 4 for few days, Cyberia Mamak Geng gathering almost every night, Financial Engineering Gays gathering and outing. You see, the reason why I do that is just because I want to treasure the moment with peers while I have the chance.

A lot of my friends including me always whining about how sucks is their secondary school life and they want to study in university as soon as possible. But the moment they stepped into the university life, they only started to realised, nothing beats secondary school, where you get to see your friends in class everyday. Then people will start complaining about their university life, rushing assignment, exams and all, they just can't wait to start working, but yet many of them only realised university could be the best time of their life, where can hang out with friends and party like crazy. My point is, why don't people just appreciate and treasure the time they are having now? We only live once and make sure we live to the fullest.

Yet, in this few weeks time, I can't stop asking myself, what do I want to achieve in my life? Where did I go right? Yet, I can't seems to find an answer.

I went to Malaysian Student Leaders Summit 2008 recently organised by UKEC with Chee Wei last weekend and it really been an wonderful experience for me. Meeting people from different university around the world, talking to the big companies about fresh graduates career opportunity had been awesome. At least I get to know what I need to achieve and who I am competing with to enter those big companies.

We traveled from by bus and trains to get the the Nikko Hotel during these 2 days. We can't stop talking about how awful our life will be after we start to work. Wearing formal clothes, waiting for trains, listen to mp3, stuck in traffic jams, apparently we are not even ready for this kind of life yet. I had ask one question to the managing director of Westports, after we work we will only earning linear income, but what we can do to exit from the race rat and achieve financial freedom? But he answered my question this way, "first you must ask yourself what type of career in your life, if you have the PASSION to do it, eventually you will success and you can create your own wealth." I agreed with his answer, but I am not happy with it.

Chee Wei and me bought a bottol of red wine each after the conference and we started drinking the park in front of KLCC. We talked a lot that night, mostly about current life and life that awaits us. It's awesome night, we even managed to help the blind men to cross the road while we are half sober. lol.

What is life? There is no exact answer to this question as everyone has their own definition. It depends what you want to do and what you expect to achieve in your life. So, just be patience with your life now, have fun with it and there is no point of rushing, eventually you will get to figure it out one day.

Till then, I wish you all have a wonderful midterm break and make sure it's a good one.

2 comments

  1. xenac Says:

    damned alcoholics. lol.

    after listen to one talk by some ambiguous Westport fella, you guys get depressed and go drink. =P

    tell you what, if you work in Westport, and get all your contacts in early, you can try to be the middleman.

    just by placing in orders for containers, you get like 1k commission per container. it's crazy!

    And oh, there's always the smuggling business, which i shall tell you in private (I didn't do it!)

  2. Tharan Says:

    btw i am distantly related to Westport Chairman

Steve's Soulshop | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com